Thursday 1 November 2012

New Face of Australia Pretty Pastels NOTD!

Hey guys! Today's post is a 3 in one. It's 2 NOTD's from Face of Australia's new Pretty Pastel's collection, as well as a review on the 2 I picked up.
 
After Dinner Mint
 
This is the first colour I decided to buy, After Dinner Mint. My friend wore it to work the other day so on my break I dashed across the road to pick it up from Priceline. Unfortunately, it's a gloomy day today so this image is not showing exactly true to colour. After Dinner Mint is a true pastel mint with a creme finish so the swatch photo looks a lot more blue than it should be. Anyway, this colour is very pretty and will look gorgeous on any skin tone. The picture above is 2 coats and it applied perfectly opaquely.
 
Once in a Blue Moon
 
The original plan was to just purchase After Dinner Mint and dash back to work but when I saw Once in a Blue Moon I couldn't pass it up. It reminds me a lot of OPI's 'What's with the Cattitude?' from the Shrek Collection. That colour is now discontinued and is very rare and hard to find. When I saw Once in a Blue moon I knew I needed to grab it! It's such a stunning light pastel blue with a creme finish. It's a perfect spring colour. The swatch above is 2 layers of Once in a Blue Moon with one layer of OPI's Alpine Snow underneath. I did this because I figured a cheap nail polish like this would need 4 or 5 coats to be opaque, which isn't the case. 2 coats of this polish on it's own is enough for full opacity.
 
After Dinner Mint, Once in a Blue Moon
 
These Face of Australia Pretty Pastel Nail Polishes sell for $4.95 for 13ml from places such as Priceline and Big W. There are 8 in the line and I suggest you go take a look even if you only want to get 1! My only complaint about these nail polishes is the formula is quite goopy. It reminds me of an OPI that only has half the bottle left and was opened a year ago. Goopiness is obviously something I wouldn't expect from a brand new nail polish, however for the price tag I still think they are very worth it. These stay about 4 days without chipping with a base and top coat!
 
Have a good day!
Gemma x

No comments:

Post a Comment